Troubleshooting Ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12029
We suppose that you are aware of the QuickBooks accounting solution used to manage business activities all over the world. Today, we are not here to tell you about the accounting software, but to discuss an error code that you have to confront while using QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error 12029 is one of them that might display during accessing the company file. However, various tools have been offered by Intuit to get rid of such error codes. Our object is to chat about all the significant solutions that can follow to resolve the error 12029 QuickBooks. Let’s proceed further to get assistance via this instructive article.
Defining QuickBooks Error 12029
QuickBooks Error Code 12029 generally encounters because of a slow internet connection. An error message displays “QuickBooks is failed to receive the IP address or servers”. Verifying your Internet security and firewall settings for payroll updates can resolve the same issue. After checking the internet security, you need to perform the solution “update your internet connection”. Since this one is the major cause behind the error occurrence.
To know more about the Error 12029 QuickBooks, it will be better to get familiar with the causes behind its occurrence. And then, learn the relevant solutions that can be performed to resolve it.
Why QuickBooks Error 12029 occurs?
Hopefully, you have understood the error 12029 and some of its causes. You might be searching for the other root causes behind the issue. Here, we have tried to give you a complete list of all the possible causes behind QuickBooks Error 12029.
- QuickBooks Error 12029 may encounter due to a slow internet connection.
- You have to face an error due to a network timeout.
- If you are working on another browser, then your system might display error 12029 QuickBooks.
- Because of the wrong/incorrect SSL setting, you may get notified with an error message.
- An incorrect setting of the Internet Security or firewall settings may lead to the issue.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Ways to get rid of QuickBooks Error 12029
Hence, you have known all the root causes of the error 12029 QuickBooks. Now, it’s time to apply the methods to resolve it based upon the reasons in which you are getting the issue. In case, you are unable to spot the issue, kindly speak to our professionals.
Solution 1: Run the PC in Administrator mode
- First of all, choose the Start option and click on All Programs.
- After that, select the accessories and go to the Tools option.
- Now, tap on System Restore.
- Select restore my PC to a previous time and tap on Next.
- Choose the system Restore point and tap on Next.
- A confirmation window will be displayed on the screen where you need to click on Next.
- Finally, access the system and QuickBooks.
Also Read – How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12002?
Solution 2: Updating Internet Explorer
- The initial step is to choose the Security tab.
- Click on the Internet options.
- Now, set the Globe option to the medium-high setting.
- In the content option, disable the content advisor.
- In the Connection tab, choose Never Dial a Connection.
- Choose the LAN setting and then select “Automatically detect settings”.
- Press OK and select the Restore advanced setting.
- Choose all the boxes TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2
- Before Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2, ensure to unselect the boxes.
- Click on OK and shut down the Internet options.
- Lastly, access the system.
Solution 3: Using the desktop Security Certificate.
- Initially, choose the QuickBooks icon and select Properties.
- Select “open file location” in the shortcut option. Press OK.
- Now, select the Properties option by choosing the QuickBooks.exe file.
- And then, choose QuickBooks.
- Click on Details under the signature tab.
- Meanwhile, tap on “view certificate” and then select Install certificate.
- Next, in the import wizard window, ensure that the store location has been set as the current user.
- Choose Next and click on Finish.
- Lastly, tap on OK.
Solution 4: Verifying Antivirus and Firewall Setting
- First of all, install the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and click on Save.
- Now, you have to access the tool to resolve the error 12029 QuickBooks.
- After that, the file doctor file initiates the configuring of the Windows Firewall.
- Lastly, access the firewall ports and the error has been fixed.
Solution 5: Troubleshooting Internet Connection issues
- Firstly, update the PC to the latest version.
- After that, you need to upgrade the QuickBooks application.
- Verify internet latency & dropped internet packets.
- Meanwhile, set the Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Verify the SSL settings and ensure to mark the TLS 1.2 box.
- Permit QuickBooks connections to resolve the issues related to Internet firewall and Internet Security.
- Lastly, reboot the PC.
Solution 6: Verifying Internet Settings
- First of all, access Internet Explorer.
- After that, choose Tools and select the Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab and select Delete.
- To remove Temporary Internet Files, choose Delete.
- Select the Connections tab and go to the LAN settings.
- Ensure to mark the “Automatically Detect Setting” option.
- Ensure that the Proxy server box must be blank.
- Choose OK.
- Finally, ensure that TLS 1.2, TLS 1.0, and TLS 1.1 boxes should be blank.
We suppose that the above-discussed methods have proved to be fruitful for you in resolving QuickBooks Error 12029. If you have any queries or issues while tackling the same, contact our team and get the relevant solutions within a minimum of hours. If you feel uncertain to dial our number, then you can also get connected with our team via live chat or by writing a mail to us. Our professionals have years of experience in troubleshooting such error codes. Therefore, call us at QuickBooks Error Support Number 1-855-377-2733 and talk to our experts.