How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks is a powerful accounting-based solution that assists you to manage the transaction effectively. This software helps you with many business activities by managing all your tasks throughout the day. However, you might get stuck in numerous errors while accessing the company files. One such technical glitch is QuickBooks Error H202 that might occur while using the company file to another PC. Before looking for the solutions to resolve the error code, you must know the root causes behind its occurrence. This article will give provide you the right direction to troubleshoot the error H202 QuickBooks. Let’s start will understanding what the error H202 is and the causes for the same.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
QuickBooks Error Code H202 mainly takes place when you are using the PC to multi-user mode or use the company file on another system. In addition to this, the error H202 QuickBooks may also pop up while accessing the company file in multi-user mode. An error message will display on the PC’s screen that states “Error H202: You are trying to run a company file saved on another PC, and this QuickBooks copy can’t get the server on that PC.”
After knowing about the error code, it’s time to check out the causes behind the error code.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error 15106?
What may cause QuickBooks Error H202?
We have made a list of all the possible causes that might be responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error H202. If for any reason, you can’t understand the reasons due to not having enough technical knowledge, please call our experts to get support.
- Due to incorrect hosting configuration.
- Because of wrong DNS settings, QuickBooks Error H202 might take place.
- If QuickBooks is failed to receive the Internet Protocol (IP) of the host PC, then you may confront QuickBooks error code H202.
- When you can’t get connected to sever because of the firewall blockage.
- While accessing the QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor, this may be the reason behind the error occurrence.
What can be the solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H202?
The following is a list of all the effective solutions that can be pursued effortlessly to get rid of the error H202 QuickBooks. For further suggestions regarding the issue, you are free to talk to our technicians.
Solution 1: Contact your Server
- Firstly, launch the Run Window in the PC that showing QuickBooks Error H202.
- After that, open the search option and write cmd, and press Enter.
- Now, ping your server from the workstation.
- Write “ping _ [servername] and press the Enter key.
- After that, perform the same steps for all PC that showing an error message.
- Finally, if you are not getting an instant reply, this means there is an issue with the network.
Solution 2: Set Hosting to QuickBooks Local Files
- First of all, access QuickBooks.
- After that, press F2 to open the Product Information window.
- Now, open the Local Server Information and click on Hosting to reflect “Local Files only”.
- Finally, ensure that no other user is hosting the same QuickBooks company file.
Solution 3: Create another company file folder
- The first step is to create a new folder on the hosting PC.
- Now, to share the files, save the Windows access permissions.
- After that, open a new folder and copy the QuickBooks Database file in it.
- Finally, you can access the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Install and use the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool
- The initial step is to install the QuickBooks Network Diagnostic Tool.
- And then, you need to scan the folder in which the data file has been saved.
- Now, enable the QuickBooks ports if the firewall has an Open Ports section.
- After that, check the data file connectivity.
- Lastly, attempt to access the company file.
Solution 5: Check your Network Connection
- Firstly, turn off hosting on all PCs.
- And then, type the “server name” from your workstation.
- After typing the server name, press Enter.
- Finally, if you are not getting any revert, this means there is an issue with the internet connection.
Solution 6: Add server to the Windows Host File
- First of all, open the Windows Host file where the error H202 QuickBooks is appearing.
- Now, access the path C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\ via Notepad.
- After that, run Notepad as Admin if required.
- Then, save the insertion point after the IP address.
- Next, write down the IP address of the server.
- Provide your server name by clicking on the TAB key.
- Go to the File menu and tap on Save.
- Now, press Exit.
- Lastly, try to run the company file.
Solution 7: Re-launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, open the Windows Run Dialog box and type services.Msc in it.
- Press Enter.
- After that, stop the QuickBooksDB18 (2008), QuickBooksDB17 (2007), QuickBooksDB19 (2009).
- Now click on Start by right-clicking on QuickBooks versions.
- Now, you have to shut down the window.
- And then, choose extensions for file types.
- Go to the Explore Tools and choose Folders in the Windows Start button.
- For the Known File Types, click on the View tab and delete Hide Extensions.
- Again, choose the View tab and click on Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Now, delete “Hide protected operating system files”.
- Lastly, click on Yes and close Windows Explorer.
Solution 8: Re-create the .ND File
- First of all, open the Window search and write *.Nd in the Windows search.
- Now, press Enter.
- After that, right-click on the .Nd file and click on Delete.
- Wait till the confirmation deletion appears on the PC’s screen.
- Click on the Start option and choose All Programs.
- Here, you need to launch QuickBooks.
- Choose the QuickBooks Server Manager and click on the Scan Folder option.
- Now, click on Add Folder and browse to the file folder.
- Click on OK.
- Choose Scan to start the procedure.
- After the completion of the scanning process, click on Close.
Solution 9: Arrange Windows Firewall Settings
As we know, QuickBooks Error H202 happens because of the data exchange blockage between QuickBooks and the server due to Firewall. So it becomes necessary to troubleshoot this issue by configuring firewall settings.
- The first step is to make exceptions in the firewall.
- After that, do some changes to permissions in the firewall and access QuickBooks on all PCs.
- Finally, go to the File Menu and click on Switch to multi-user mode.
Solution 10: Check QuickBooks Services
Steps to start the multi-user hosting mode when the server is accessing a complete version of QuickBooks:
- First of all, access QuickBooks on the server.
- Now, go to the File Menu and choose Utilities.
- Finally, choose Multi-user access option.
Steps to check the current status of QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor on the server
- First of all, choose the search option and type services.Msc.
- Press Enter.
- After that, click on QuickBooksDBXX and search for the Startup type.
- Here, ensure that the type has been set to Automatic.
- Now, check the service status.
- If the service status is not in the Active state, then make it active.
- And then, choose the Recovery tab and choose Restart service.
- Finally, click on Apply and OK.
- The aforementioned can also be performed for QBCFMonitorServices.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error 80070057
As a final point, QuickBooks Error H202 can easily troubleshoot with the help of the above-mentioned informative post. This error might be complicated to fix for the one who is new to deal with such technical issues. In some cases, you may find the above-mentioned steps difficult to apply without the help of a technician. In such a scenario, you may ring us and talk to our technicians to get instant help by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Number 1-855-377-2733 and ask for technical advice. We are all set to guide you to resolve every issue associated with the QuickBooks software.