How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks is one of the most prominent solutions and well suited for all mid-sized & large scale businesses. Additionally, QuickBooks offers on-premises accounting applications and cloud-versions so that you can handle business accounting from anywhere. It facilitates organizations to accept payments, manage bills, etc. However, QuickBooks users may encounter error codes even after consisting of all such amazing features. Here, we are conferring about QuickBooks Error H505 and the solutions to get rid of the same.
You can talk to our team to get any additional information whether it is related to the Error H505 QuickBooks or associated with the QuickBooks software.
What QuickBooks Error H505 Indicates?
Generally, the error H505 QuickBooks pops up while attempting to access the QuickBooks company file or using the file in multi-user mode. This error code is one of QuickBooks H series error codes that happen because of switching QuickBooks from normal mode to multi-user mode. Sharing company file over a system might also be the reason for the error H505. Before going to learn the troubleshooting solutions for resolving the same, it is important to make sure that the software has been properly installed on the PC.
What leads to QuickBooks Error H505?
As mentioned earlier, you might receive the error H505 QuickBooks when you are attempting to connect to the company file from another PC or the connection to the file may not establish. Below, we have mentioned additional causes behind the same issue.
- You will be unable to run the file on a network because of the damage .ND file.
- QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when you are failed to run QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor.
- An error pops up on the screen when the hosting configuration has not been completed appropriately.
- Issues associated with DNS settings might also give rise to QuickBooks Error H505.
- Due to QuickBooks firewall ports, you can’t establish communication between the server and QuickBooks.
- When you are failed to get the server’s IP address, this may cause QuickBooks Error H505.
Also Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
How can you troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H505?
Generally, QuickBooks Error Code H505 might happen in the multi-user environment. In such a scenario, you need to ensure that the hosting option is turned on in the host system. Also, you have to follow some of the relevant solutions to fix the error H505 QuickBooks. Under-mentioned is the list of all the efficient solutions that can be performed to fix the issue.
Solution 1: Utilizing QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
In order to use the file doctor tool, you first need to install it on the server. By installing it on the server, you can access the tool in multi-user mode. It is not compulsory to have a license to install the tool. After that, you have to follow the under-mentioned two steps one by one to resolve the Error H505 QuickBooks.
Step 1: Download the File Doctor Tool
- First of all, download and access the tool on the server system.
- After that, choose the QuickBooks file doctor option.
- Choose the File Menu and select the File Doctor to fix QuickBooks Error H505.
Step 2: Resolve Errors related to QuickBooks Multi-User Hosting
- Firstly, search for the company files locally on the server.
- Then, click on Check your Network and select Continue.
- Now, choose the Server option on the host system.
- Finally, tap on Yes after the shared folder notification appears on the screen.
Solution 2: Check the Hosting and QuickBooks Services
Steps to check the QuickBooks services are running.
- The first step is to open the Run dialog box and type Services.Msc. And then, press Enter.
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift +Esc simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
- After that, go to the Services tab and choose Services.
- After launching the services, you need to search for the QuickBooksDBXX service in the Name column.
- Next, double-click on the service name and click on Properties.
- Go to the Startup Type and click on Automatic. And then, ensure that the services status is in active mode. If the status is not active, then you need to start it by choosing the Start option.
- Now, go to the Recovery option and select the First failure option.
- Lastly, choose Restart the service. And then, launch the services again.
Steps to check the hosting
- First of all, choose the File Menu and select the Utility option.
- After that, you will get the Host Multi-User Access option in the list that indicates your PC is not hosting the file. In this case, you can utilize another PC.
- Now, choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Finally, go to the Company File Window and press Yes.
Solution 3: Verify the QuickBooks Network Ports
- Firstly, access the Control Panel and click on System & Security.
- After that, go to the Windows Firewall and find out the Advanced Settings.
- Now, right-tap on Inbound Rules and choose New Rule.
- And then, click on Rule Type and select Port.
- Click on TCP and particular local ports.
- Next, you have to add all the necessary QuickBooks ports and tap on Next.
- Now, choose Allow the connection in the window. And then, press Next.
- Select the Network Type and verify all the ticked option.
- Finally, give a new title to the rule and choose Next.
The same steps can be performed for Outbound Rules that will help you in troubleshooting error H505.
Solution 4: Check the Windows hosts File
- First of all, open the Run box on the server and write CMD to open the command prompt.
- After that, enter the command “ipconfig /all”.
- Now, write down the name of your system and IP address for all hosts and workstations.
- You have to close the QuickBooks application and start the system.
- Access one of the following paths:
“C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc” or “C:\Windows\Syswow64\Drivers\Etc”
- And then, you need to open the Hosts file with Notepad.
- Write down the PC name and the IP address.
- Ensure to utilize the Tab key in order to separate the IP address & the system name.
- Lastly, restart the system to apply the changes.
Solution 5: Configuring your Firewall settings
- First of all, click on the Start option and launch the search box.
- Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
- After that, go to the Firewall Settings and select Allow a Program.
- Now, click on Add a Program and save it on the list of exceptions.
- Finally, start the system again so that you can apply the changes.
Solution 6: Create a new QuickBooks company file folder
- Firstly, on the host PC, make a new file folder.
- Now, you have to share the recently created file folder.
- After that, accept entry permissions to set windows to share the company files.
- Next, copy and paste the .qbw file into the new folder.
- Lastly, access the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 7: Utilizing the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- The first step is to install the connection diagnostic tool on the Desktop.
- After that, access the tool and allow it to scan the file folder.
- Now, write down the IP address of the system.
- Enable QuickBooks ports that contain open ports in the Firewall Status option.
- After that, you have to follow the wizard instructions.
- Finally, access the file from the system.
You May Also Rad Aout: QuickBooks Error 15106
Confidently, the content has guided you well regarding troubleshooting QuickBooks Error Code H505. Before going to apply the solutions, we would like to recommend updating the QuickBooks solution to prevent the PC from getting damaged. Although the aforementioned solution should work, if the error persists, then consult with our experts to get permanent solutions. Our team of certifies technicians would be able to diagnose the issue and fix it according to the need. To get instant support, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Number 1-855-377-2733.