Nowadays, managing transactions has become complicated with online expenses. However, Quicken software is perfect software when it comes to managing business transactions and tracking monetary flow on a regular basis. Being an accounting software, you might get stuck into various error codes such as Quicken Error 28. This error takes place while downloading the transactions from the bank’s server.
Here, we are providing all the required solutions for resolving Quicken Error Code 28. Along with this, you can find out all the related causes of the same issue in the following article. We recommend updating the Quicken software before applying the following solutions. Now, proceed further to understand the error 28 Quicken in detail and the root causes for the same.
Defining Quicken Error 28
Well, Quicken error code 28 can take place due to numerous reasons. One of the main reasons behind the occurrence of the error code 28 is “Downloading transactions from the bank’s server using the one-step update service”. Additionally, you might confront the error 28 Quicken because of the corrupted Quicken files. We always recommend you first know the root causes behind the issue and then try to troubleshoot it. Further, we have mentioned all the possible causes behind the same issue.
When do you experience Quicken Error 28?
Below, you can discover all the probable causes that might be accountable for the error 28 Quicken. We have described all of them in a list so that you can easily look for the solutions accordingly.
- If you are using an older version of Quicken software, you might experience Quicken error code 28.
- When you are unable to find the connection method with your financial institution, this may lead to error 28.
- Because of the corrupted data files.
Solutions to troubleshoot Quicken Error 28
There can be various solutions that may help you in resolving the error 28 Quicken. Here, we are mentioning some of the trouble-free and efficient solutions to deal with the same. Go through all of the solutions one by one and try to fix Quicken error code 28.
Solution 1: Link your Quicken Account
- Firstly, you need to choose the Add Account option.
- After that, click on Accounts and choose New.
- Select the Account type and write down the financial institution name.
- And then, choose the Financial Institution and write the username and password.
- You have to select Connect.
- You will get as an account list where you need to ensure to link the accounts rather than adding them
- Finally, choose Continue.
Solution 2: Update Quicken Account
- First of all, you are required to launch Quicken.
- Next, click on Quicken and choose Check for Updates.
- You have to install all updates if any. And then, go further and apply the steps written below.
Solution 3: Reactivate Quicken Account
- Firstly, choose the Account List.
- After that, you need to click on an account and choose Setting Gear.
- Next, select Troubleshooting and click on Deactivate Downloads.
- You have to apply the same steps for the other accounts that are related to the same financial institution.
- Now, click on the Setting Gear option and choose Set up transactions download.
- Write down the financial institution name.
- You will be prompted to write your Username and Password.
- Choose Direct Connect under the Connection method.
- And then, Quicken will display the account list where you need to verify that the accounts have been linked rather than adding them.
- Finally, you have to choose Continue.
Conclusion We suppose that you have understood all the solutions derived from the above discussion on Quicken Error 28. The aforementioned article has all the information regarding the same issue. Hopefully, you have resolved the error code 28 successfully after finding out the useful solutions. If the issue still continues or you are unable to deal with it by yourself, dial our toll-free Quicken Error Support Phone Number 1-901-464-2033. Our experts will guide you in the right direction to deal with every issue associated with Quicken software.