Restore Sage 50 Backup Files – Sage 50 is easy-to-use financial accounting software for your business. There’s no need to be an accountant to organize your business anymore, with Sage 50, you’re prepared for tax season. Built-in checks and balances make sure your financial information is accurate. Your information is available to you or your accountant anywhere and anytime whenever access to it is needed.
This article strives to provide you with the steps that you will need to follow in order to restore your Sage 50 backup files. If you have been stuck on a particular step, please contact the Sage 50 support number to overcome this issue. Now, before we get into the steps of restoration, we must first look into its significance. Why do we require it?
This Method is Important Because
You might get an error message saying that the file cannot be opened. This might happen when trying to recover data from the backup, or while opening a data file. The reasons might be due to:
- The file or the data has been moved from the shared folder to a different server or system.
- The data file that has been shared on more than one system is of a different version.
- The data file that’s been shared on multiple systems is of a different release than the Sage software on the system.
- The server connection has been lost.
You May Also Read: Inventory Management With Sage 300
In case there is some other issue that has affected your system, do contact Sage Tech Support. Seek guidance on how to tackle your issue by connecting with our tech support team.
Steps to Restore the Sage 50 Backup Files
The following are the steps you will need to follow in order to restore your backup files:
- First, you will need to open up Sage 50 Accounting Sofware and then click on the ‘File / Restore’ option.
- Then, you will have to browse and navigate to the location where your backup file is.
- Next, click on the ‘Open’ option and then click on the ‘Next’ button.
- Now you must choose the desired restoration method, which are:
Overwriting the existing company data or an existing company.
2. Creating a completely new company using the data that has been restored.
- Choose this option in case you want to restore the backup to a new folder.
- Performing this procedure will not overwrite your existing data.
- After that, click on the ‘Next’ option again.
- Now, choose and perform the desired restoration options. Choose all of them in most cases:
- Company Data
- Intelligence Reporting Reports or Business Intelligence Reports
- Customized Forms
- Next, click on the ‘Next’ option once again.
- In the following step, you will need to verify the restoration options.
- Then, you will need to click on the ‘Finish’ option.
- Finally, the company will open up once the restoration procedure is completed
Make a note to yourself. In case you want to edit the name of the company, you can do so by selecting the ‘Maintain’ feature. Right after that click on the ‘Company Information’ option and make the changes you want.
You May Also Read: Sage 50 Does Not StartUp
And your job is Done!
We hope this article provided you with the assistance you require in Restore Sage 50 Backup Files. There are times when even after following all the steps, you might not be able to execute the procedure. In such cases, instantly contact the Sage 50 Customer Support Phone Number 1-855-377-2733 and proceed to seek assistance. The Sage customer support team will make sure that any issues that you might be facing are completely resolved.