Sage 50 Error Code 1628 – Sage 50 is a business accounting software that was initially created to assist small scale industries with their accounting responsibilities. With time Sage 50 has proved to be capable of handling accounting responsibilities for large scale industries as well.
As great as Sage 50 is as software, it does from time to time encounter a few technical glitches. One such technical glitch is the error code 1628. The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that will help you in resolving this error. If you have any queries regarding any of the information that is provided below, contact the Sage 50 Support Number.
Now, before we go through the steps of mitigation, we must first understand the reasons that cause this error to occur.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error ps058
What Causes the Sage 50 Error Code 1628 to Occur?
These are the reasons that cause the aforementioned error to occur:
- Your Windows registry can get corrupted while installing or uninstalling software that is related to Sage.
- The .Net Framework of your system could either be corrupt or out of date.
- Your Sage software has not been installed completely or the setup file is corrupt.
- Windows or Sage file has been corrupted by a virus or malware.
- A Sage file was deleted from your system by accident.
- Alternately an update of Sage was downloaded instead of the software.
Sometimes these factors might cause your account to freeze up.
You may want to read up about: What do when Sage 50 accounts close or freeze up
In case you would like to gain further insight into how these factors cause this error code to prevail, contact the Sage 50 support phone number.
Steps to Resolve the Sage 50 Error Code 1628
These are the steps that you will need to follow in order to get rid of the Sage 50 Error code 1628:
- First, you will need to scan your entire system for any virus or malware. If they are present in your system, select to remove them.
- Then, delete all the junk and temporary files and folders that are present in your system.
- After that, you will have to update the device drivers of your system.
- If any recent changes have been made in the system, they will have to be undone.
- Check up on all Windows files by running the file checker. Make sure that all the system updates are installed.
- Click to open up the Control Panel and select Programs. After that navigate to the ‘Programs’ and ‘Features’ section.
- Now, you must locate the program that is related to the error in the ‘Name’ column.
- There, you will find an entry named ‘Sage 50 Accounting software’. Click on it.
- Next, the Uninstall button should be visible. Just follow the instructions that will be provided to uninstall the program related to the error.
- The re-installation procedure would have to be completed and in order to do that, the following steps need to be followed:
- For the initial step, insert the CD into your computer to install the .Net 32 or 64 files. Then, you will need to follow it up by installing the install.exe file.
- In the end, complete the repair of the Windows registry entries that are connected to the error in your system.
Another error that is quite similar to the aforementioned issue is the Sage 50 Error 1402.
You May Also Read: Sage 50 Error 1402
And the issue is resolved!
We hope this article has provided you with the assistance that you require to resolve the Sage 50 Error 1628. However, there are a few instances, where even after following all the steps accurately, this error might persist to exist. In such instances, your best case scenario of getting rid of the problem is to contact the Sage customer support Number 1-855-377-2733. The Sage Error Customer Support Number team will make sure that any technical issue that seems to be troubling you is alleviated.