Purchase order Issue in Sage 100 – Sage 100 is an accolade-winning business management software built for small to medium-sized companies with the capacity to hold 10 to 500 employees. Sage 100 products can be used by a wide range of manufacturing, distribution, and services companies, and more varied purposes such as industrial supplies and services, building materials, and electronics.
This article strives to provide you with steps on how to complete a backorder purchase order in Sage 100. In case you have any questions that have not been answered in this article, you can get them answered by contacting Sage 100 support. Now, before we get into the steps to complete the order, we must first look into the reasons that cause this issue to occur,
Reasons for the Purchase Order Issue in Sage 100 to Occur
Your orders remain in ‘Purchase order entry’ with a ‘backorder status’ because of Purchase Order options being selected in the ‘Post Accounts Payable Invoices setting’. The quantity ordered does not match on each line with the quantities ordered, received, and invoiced. This happens because the ‘Receipt of Invoice’ is created in the ‘Accounts Payable module’ or has never been done at all.
Steps to fix the Backordered Purchase Order Issue in Sage 100
The following are the steps to fix this issue for future purchase orders:
- First, you will need to navigate to the Purchase Order, Main, and Purchase Order Options.
- Then, you will have to click on the Post Accounts Payable Invoice check box.
- You must clear the ‘Post Accounts Payable Invoices’ section.
- The system only looks at ordered and received quantities to determine whether the purchase order status is complete or not.
- When you have selected the Post Accounts Payable Invoices option, the system compares the ordered quantity.
- It also compares received quantity and invoiced quantity.
- This is done to ensure that the purchase order status is complete.
Steps to Fix the Existing Purchase Orders that are not Showing a Complete Status:
- To begin with, you will need to click on the Purchase Order, Period End, Purchase Clearing Reports option.
- Then, you must click on the Purchases Clearing Report, All Types option.
- Next, click on the Print or Preview option.
- Now, you need to examine the report and note the lines.
- Inspect where the ordered quantity, received quantity, and invoiced quantity does not match.
- The Daily Receipt Registers/Update compares all the lines for purchase orders
- Finally, when the ordered quantity equals the received quantity, and the received quantity equals the invoiced quantity, the purchase order will be completed.
And Your Job is Done!
We hope that this article provided you with the assistance that you are looking for. There are times when even after following all the steps provided above, you might be unable to resolve the Purchase Order Issue in Sage 100. In such instances, you can seek assistance in alleviating the issue by contacting the Sage 100 Technical Support Phone Number at 1-855-377-2733. Our team of Sage Technical support advisors will make sure that whatever problems you are facing are dealt with.