The procedure of deleting one’s TurboTax account might sound like an easy to task to accomplish but without proper guidance and execution, it can be very tricky to navigate your way around it. Contrary to what most websites state, it is possible to close your account permanently. Furthermore, you can obtain all of your information from their system before you deactivate.
The only problem you might experience here is that your account won’t be deactivated immediately. It will take a little bit of time as a customer service agent will review your message before answering your call. However, there are times when they might not respond to your call. In such instances, you will have to wait for them to email or call you back with detailed instructions on how to proceed.
Now, in case you don’t want to wait for the call or email then this article is for you. Our objective is to provide the steps that you will help you deactivate your account permanently. Following the below provided steps will also help you attain a phone number that you can use instantly to get in touch with a TurboTax customer service representative within minutes.
Now, before we go through the steps to delete TurboTax account, we would like to provide you with an alternative way of accomplishing this task.
Sending an E-Mail to delete TurboTax account
The following are the steps to perform this process successfully:
- Firstly, you will need to open your mail account. Remember that the account should be registered before you undertake this procedure.
- Then, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject stating “Request to delete my account”
- Finally, you will have to write about why you want to delete the account and then send to complete the procedure.
How to permanently delete your TurboTax account
The following are the steps that you will need to follow in order to delete your Turbotax account:
- To clear and start over login to TurboTax Online, click on “Take me to my return”, click on “My Account” at the top right side of your screen, select “Clear and Start Over”, and then answer “Yes”. You can read a better explanation about how this process works and when it’s best to use it here.
- Keep in mind that you can only clear and start over in TurboTax Online, you can’t use the mobile app to do it. However, you CAN use your mobile phone or tablet clear and start over, but you’ll have to sign in to your account and follow the steps I just outlined using your mobile web browser.
- If you can’t clear and start over, or if just removing the information and abandoning your account is simply not enough for you to feel comfortable, then you can follow the steps below to get your account permanently closed.
- Select which product is your question about from the drop-down menu. The available options are the following: Online, Mobile App, CD / Download (Mac), CD / Download (Windows), or I don’t know.
- Then select which edition from the drop-down menu that will show up on the right after selecting which product is your question about.
- Enter “I need to delete my account permanently” in the “What do you need help with?” box.
- Click on the “Continue” button at the bottom right corner of the page.
- Now, on the next page, scroll down the page just a little bit and enter all your details such as first name, last name, email address, and additional notes in the required fields.
- Click on “Get the phone number” at the bottom right and then call TurboTax customer service at the provided phone number.
- When the customer service personnel takes your call, tell them that you really need to delete your account forever. Listen to what they have to say and then do what they tell you to do.
Once they take your call, politely ask them to cancel your account and remove all your personal information from their system, and explain why.
And your job is done!
We hope that the aforementioned information has helped you in deactivating your account permanently and without any difficulties. Although there are instances where even after you have performed all the steps accurately, you might still face troubles while deleting your account. In such cases, it is best to contact the TurboTax Customer service number and receive technical assistance. The expert technicians of the TurboTax support team will ensure that any issues that you might be facing are dealt with.