TurboTax is a tax preparation software program that was developed and is marketed by Chipsoft. Furthermore, it has proved to be a very popular tool amongst its users due to it’s easy to use functions. Now, as great as TurboTax is as an accounting tool, it does get plagued by certain technical fallacies occasionally. One such fallacy is the TurboTax Error 5639.
The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that will help fix TurboTax Error 5639. Now, before we go through the steps of resolution, we must first understand what causes this error to occur.
What causes TurboTax Error Code 5639 to affect your system?
These are the factors that cause TurboTax Error Code 5639 to affect your system:
- Your TurboTax software downloaded from a corrupt site or its installation was incomplete.
- Another program has accidentally or purposefully deleted your TurboTax-related files.
- Your Windows registry is experiencing issues because of a recent modification in the TurboTax-related software (install or uninstall).
- The Windows system files or TurboTax-related program files have been corrupted by a virus or malware infection.
You May Also Read About: Convert TurboTax tax2PDF and PDF
Steps to resolve TurboTax Error 5639
The following are the steps that you will need to perform in order to get rid of TurboTax Error 5639:
For Windows 7, 8 and Vista users:
- To begin with, you will need to uninstall TurboTax.
- You will need administrative power to uninstall TurboTax.
- Then, close your TurboTax account.
- Next, you will have to click on the “Start” option and then select the “Control Panel” tab.
- For Windows 8, Navigate to “Control Panel” section. Scroll to the “Power User” menu and then press the “window key+X” at the same time.
- Click on “Uninstall a Program” option for Windows 8/7. Navigate to the “Programs and Features” section for Windows Vista. Then, browse to “Add or Remove Programs” section.
- After that, click on the “Remove,” “Change” or “ “Uninstall” Tab.
- Press the “Uninstall Turbo Tax” option from the “Repair/ Uninstall” TurboTax section.
- Now, remove the following folders:
- C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitDatabase Providers
- C:Program FilesCommon FilesIntuitUpdate Service v4
- C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesIntuitDatabase Providers
- C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesIntuitUpdate Service v4
- Then, disable your anti-virus protection & automatic backup software.
- For the next step, you must re-install Turbo Tax.
- Finally, try to re-enable anti-virus or back software in order to complete the procedure.
For Windows XP users:
- To begin with, you must download the XP Service Pack 3 from the Microsoft download center.
- Then, navigate to the “Control Panel” section and click on the “Add/ Remove Programs” option.
- For the next step, re-install the XP service pack 3. However, before doing so, uninstall the older pack.
- After that, you will need to run your TurboTax program.
- Finally, you will have to re-install your antivirus/backup software in order to complete the procedure.
You May Also Read About: Understanding QuickBooks Desktop Errors
And your job is done!
We hope that this article has provided you with information that you required to resolve the TurboTax Error 5639. Although, there are instances, where even after you have executed all the steps accurately, the error still might persist. In such instances, feel free to contact the TurboTax Customer Service Number 1-855-377-2733. The TurboTax support team will ensure that any TurboTax related technical issue that you might be facing is dealt with.