TurboTax is a tax preparation software package that was developed by and is marketed by Chip soft. Consequently, it has proved to be a very competent tool among its users. TurboTax is always up-to-date with the latest tax laws, such as those related to health care and others. Now, as great as TurboTax is as software, it does from time to time get affected by certain issues. One such issue is the TurboTax Error 70001.
The objective of this article is to provide you with a solution to overcome the aforementioned error. If you are unable to perform any of the steps that will be provided below, contact the TurboTax Customer Service Number.
Now, before we go into the steps of resolution, we must first understand what causes this error to occur.
What are the Reasons that Cause TurboTax Error 70001 to Occur?
- You might have downloaded the TurboTax software from a corrupted third party or the installation process was incomplete.
- Your Windows registry might be corrupted from a recent TurboTax-related software modification due to installation or uninstallation.
- Windows system files have been plagued by a Virus or malware infection or program files related to TurboTax.
- A program might have been deleted TurboTax-related files either maliciously or by accident.
The steps of Resolution
These are the steps that you will need to follow in order to get rid of the TurboTax Error 70001:
- To begin with, click on the option to ‘Start’.
- Then, type in “command” in the search box but do not select to ENTER just yet.
- Next, whilst pressing the CTRL-Shift keys on your keyboard simultaneously, hit the ENTER key.
- A permission dialog box will appear right after you’ve performed the previous step.
- After that, you must click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- After you’ve performed the previous step, a black box will pop up with a blinking cursor.
- Type in the words “regedit” and press the ‘ENTER’ key again.
- Choose the Error 70001-related key that you would like to back up in the Registry Editor.
- Then, you will have to select the ‘Export’ option From the File menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Save In’ list and pick the folder where you would like to save the TurboTax backup key.
- Enter a name for your backup file, such as “TurboTax Backup” in the File Name box.
- Make sure of the fact that “Selected branch” has been chosen in the Export Range box.
- Then, you will need to click on the Save option.
- Then the file with a .reg file extension will be saved.
- In the end, you will now possess a backup of your TurboTax-related registry entry.
You May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error 1904
And your Job is Done!
We hope this article has helped you in getting rid of the TurboTax Error 70001. However, there are some rare instances where even after following all the steps accurately, the error might still persist. In such instances, do not shy away from contacting the TurboTax Customer Service team or you can dial our toll-free number 1-855-377-2733. The support team will make sure that any technical issues that you might be facing are taken care of.